Monday 16 April 2012

Art along the Promenade

A tourist hot spot in Hong Kong is the Avenue of Stars. In all honesty there's not much point for Western tourists as we don't really know who any of the 'stars' are. Out of the dozens that line the paving slabs, I think I counted six that I know.  


Paysage 29 (Cherry Blossom Eiffel 4) by A. Bublex

Regardless of that fact, the walk along the Avenue of Stars is amazing for the view it offers of the famous Hong Kong skyline. It's along the water, so there's often a cooling breeze that offers a little respite on a hot day. And there's also the excitement of the boats, in their various shapes and sizes. 

Plug-in City (2000) - Moscow Blue by A. Bublex 

Recently I went to the Avenue of Stars and there was an art exhibition on display, Playgrounds: Contemporary French Photography (S. Couturier, G. Garcin, A. Bublex). It was wonderful to see this art displayed outside and it gave an added feel to the walk.  

First steps by G. Garcin

Not only did the art exhibition heighten the enjoyment of the walk along the promenade, but the clouds were rolling in and made for a wonderfully atmospheric view of the famous skyline. 

Clouds rolling in over the Hong Kong skyline

For those of you living in Hong Kong the exhibition is on until May 2nd and is well worth a visit! Avenue of Stars, Tsim Sha Shui, Kowloon, Hong Kong. 
www.frenchmay.com 

5 comments:

  1. This looks like a lovely exhibit. Thank you for letting us know! I don't know most of the stars either, but I still take visitors to the Avenue of Stars for the views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this walk, it was lovely. And this time for you the added bonus of the art that looks great! The photo of the HK skyline also looked like a piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through the book blogs network and am now following it on Google reader; you have great things here.

    I've never been to Hong Kong, but hopefully one day I'll visit it and mainland China. I like the works of art displayed here, especially the third one, "First Steps" by G. Garcin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Thanks for reading my blog and posting a comment. Hong Kong is an amazing place, as is mainland China. I've only been to China once (5 years ago), but loved it! It made me change my whole outlook on life!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...