Monday 4 November 2013

NaNoWriMo_2013 #2 The First Week

As some of you may be aware, I did NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) once before in 2011. The aim of the game is to write 50,000 words (an average novel is 100,000 words) in the month of November with the idea being that you would be well and truly on your way to having at least half of a novel. You can, of course, write more if you want to and your fingers haven't fallen off from typing. 

The first few days of Nanowrimo_2013 have got off to a cracking start! I was very lucky that the start of this project coincided with having a long weekend off work (Saturday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday), so I was able to write Friday morning (before I went to work), Saturday and Sunday. By the time I uploaded my total word count on Sunday I was at 6,052 words. I'm hoping that this long weekend off will give me a bit of a kick start and I'll be able to keep up the momentum. 

Good luck to everyone else doing Nanowrimo! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, well done.
    I wish you all the best for the next 26 days! Keep us posted.
    As I said on my blog, November is NoWriNoMo (Not Writing a Novel in a Month) for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will keep you posted, Lindsay. I didn't do it last year either. It's not for everyone and certainly not every year! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...