Monday 2 July 2012

My first blog award!!

I have been nominated for my first blog award! And twice in the same week: super duper!! This award is a great way for bloggers to support other upcoming bloggers (with fewer than 200 followers). Liebster means dearest, beloved and favourite. Thanks so much to Emily Yu and Penny Freeman for the nomination and various visits to and comments on my blog




Here's what you have to do:
1) Post 5 facts about yourself
2) Answer 5 questions the tagger has asked
3) Tag 5 other people (link them to your post)
4) Give them 5 questions to answer
5) Tell them they've been tagged
6) No tags back!


In a Dim Sum restaurant 

5 Facts about me
1) I love coffee and chocolate, preferably together. 
2) I love the beach, even more in the winter than in the summer.
3) I love travelling and seeing new places. So far I've been to over 20 countries in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. 
4) At the moment I'm living in Hong Kong where I work as a teacher of English as a Foreign Language as well as blogging and writing. 
5) My current project is to write one piece of Flash Fiction (fewer than 500 words) per day. On Fridays I post 'the best of the week' onto my blog: Friday Flash Fiction. 



Since I've been tagged twice, it's only fair to answer both sets of questions. 


Emily Yu's blog - Anything in
Fantasy
5 of Emily Yu's questions:
1) What are your favourite TV series? List 4: 
- Grey's Anatomy, Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, Damages.
2) What are 3 most swoon-worthy characters? 
- Mr Darcy (Colin Firth in Pride & Prejudice), 
- Noah Calhoun (Ryan Gosling in The Notebook), 
- Count Laszlo de Almásy (Ralph Fiennes in The English Patient)
3) How many books are in your TBR pile? Far too many! 
4) What is your favourite single book? List 4: 
The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
A Change in Altitude by Anita Shreve
Rosie by Anne Lamott
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
5) What is your favourite food? Anything Italian.


Penny Freeman - Perpetual
Chaos of a Wandering Mind
Penny Freeman's 5 questions:
1) How many blogs do you own and what made you decide to start blogging? I started on travelpod (Living, Loving and Writing in Hong Kong), but when I got married I wanted to change my name and couldn't. So, I decided to start again on blogspot.
2) What is the cause dearest to your heart? Unfortunately I know too many people who've lost loved ones to cancer, so finding a cure for that is important. I also support Oxfam. 
3) What are you most passionate about? Love. For my family, my friends, writing, reading, travelling, eating...so many things! 
4) Who are your heroes? My mum and sister, but also anybody who has achieved anything against the odds. Michael J. Fox's book, A Lucky Man, is a true inspiration. Eddie Izzard's Marathon Challenge was incredible. 
5) What do you want to be remembered for? For being kind, helpful, supportive, insightful and loving. If I happen to write some bestsellers too, that would be great! 


Tag 5 other people 
1) Caitlin  - The Y.A. Bookworm Blogger
2) Sarah - Three Cats and a Girl
3) Ixachel - Futuresfading
4) Ara - My Book and My Coffee
5) Jill Marie - Little Hyuts


Give them 5 questions to answer
1) Have you always considered yourself a creative person? 
2) Who has been an inspiration to you in your life and work? 
3) Name 3 things you'd like to achieve in life. 
4) If you could travel anywhere in the world (no money, time, visa restraints), where would you go?
5) Do you think the world of art will drastically change in the next 50 years?



12 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! First of all, congratulations! Let's celebrate!

    ;) And thanks for the tag. I do appreciate it. ;)

    - Ara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ara! Now we can both celebrate!! ;0)

      Delete
    2. Hi Laura! I was able to answer your 5 questions here >> Liebster Blog Award ~ from Laura.

      Thanks so much again. :D

      Delete
  2. congratulations, laura! keep writing! keep believing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arlene!! Hadn't seen this before I saw you today.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Laura! Fun answers...I love travelling too! (and chocolate and coffee, preferably together!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Kristi! Thanks for reading, leaving a comment and following! :0)

      Delete
  4. Excellent Laura!! :):):) I also like this cool psychedelic look you've got going here :D Hope all is well? Catch up soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penni! I love the background too - makes it so colourful. Yep, all's good thanks. Off to the UK soon for our annual holiday! You ok? Catch up soon :0)

      Delete
  5. Hey Laura! Thanks so much for thinking of me!!! I'm so glad you like my blog :) I will answer these soon and send you the link.
    Thanks again! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Laura!
    Congratulations!
    I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award!(: You can learn more about it here

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...