Monday 21 May 2012

Another first!

This Saturday, for the first time ever, I'll be reading a piece of fiction written by me to the general public in a bookshop in Hong Kong. Let me explain. 


Every year The Hong Kong Writers Circle put together an anthology. The 2011 anthology, As We See It: Hong Kong stories, was published at the end of 2011 and is available to buy in selected bookshops in Hong Kong, and as an e-book through Amazon UK or Amazon US. To promote the book a few of the authors will be reading their stories, or extracts from longer pieces of work they currently have available.  There will be drinks available and authors won't be reading the entire time, so it's a good opportunity to have a chat and meet some new people. If you fancy coming along, please do!






The event, as promoted by Time Out magazine, will be taking place:


I'm just a little nervous (= a lot!) so I'll let you know how it goes! 



12 comments:

  1. Alexandra Rogers21 May 2012 at 22:33

    Good luck. I loved the short story you shared so I'm sure you'll be great x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could be there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zet je verstand op nul en lees met je hart! je doet iets waar je hart ligt. Wat wil je nog meer.
    Liefs en dikke knuffel
    Beatrix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bedankt, Auntie Bea-kiss, dat is zeker goed advies!
      Liefs & dikke knuffel terug xxx

      Delete
  4. Good luck! Wish we could be there to support and cheer you on!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck. I'm sure you'll do fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it's nice to know I have so much support!

      Delete
  6. Wow - best of luck Laura! Once you get started I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Wish I could be there but flying tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Laura! Do you know if you're towards the beginning or near the end?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...